Turtle Cookie Bars are the epitome of sweet indulgence. With a crunchy crust, caramelized pecans, and a luscious layer of milk chocolate, they offer a symphony of flavors in every bite. In this article, we’ll take you through the process of making these delectable Turtle Cookie Bars step by step.
Turtle Cookie Bars Recipe
Let’s dive right into the recipe for these delightful Turtle Cookie Bars. We’ll break it down into two main layers: the crust and the second layer.
|2 cups all-purpose flour
|1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
|1/2 cup butter, softened
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of firmly packed brown sugar, and 1/2 cup of softened butter.
- Use an electric mixer at medium speed to blend the ingredients until they form a well-combined mixture.
- Pat this mixture firmly into an ungreased 13×9 inch pan, creating a solid crust base.
|1 cup pecan halves or chopped pecans
|2/3 cup butter
|1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
|1 cup milk chocolate morsels
- Arrange 1 cup of pecan halves or chopped pecans evenly over the crust.
- In a saucepan, combine 2/3 cup of butter and 1/2 cup of firmly packed brown sugar.
- Bring this mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Continue to cook for 3 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Pour this delightful caramel mixture evenly over the pecans.
- Bake your Turtle Cookie Bars at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-17 minutes or until they turn golden and bubbly.
- Remove the pan from the oven and immediately sprinkle 1 cup of milk chocolate morsels over the top.
- Allow the chocolate to stand for 2-3 minutes until it slightly melts. Then, gently swirl the chocolate with a knife, leaving some morsels whole (do not spread them entirely).
- Let your Turtle Cookie Bars cool on a wire rack at room temperature until the chocolate sets.
- Once they are set, cut them into squares, and your Turtle Cookie Bars are ready to be devoured.