A quick and easy party favorite Pizza Dip made with cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, a few common pantry spices, pepperoni, and crisp bacon. This delicious hot dip with the fantastic flavor of pizza is always a hit every time I make it. Customize with your favorite pizza toppings and serve with hot rolls, breadsticks, crusty French bread slices, bagel chips, crackers, or mini bell peppers.
HOW TO MAKE PIZZA DIP
First, in a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, blend together the cream cheese, a little bit of the mozzarella cheese, sour cream, dried basil, dried oregano, kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, and red pepper flakes until smooth and creamy. Spread the cream cheese mixture on the bottom of a pie pan or baking dish.
Then spread about 1 cup of pizza sauce over the cream cheese mixture. Top with the Parmesan cheese and remaining mozzarella. Then layer with pepperoni and crisp cooked bacon. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Let the dip cool for 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley or basil. Serve with toasted French bread slices, warm breadsticks, or freshly baked rolls.
HELPFUL RECIPE TIPS!
- This tasty dip can be made up to 3 days in advance. Simply get it ready for the oven but don’t bake it. Instead, cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator. Remove 40 minutes prior to baking to bring to room temperature. Remove the plastic and bake according to the instructions.
- The cream cheese mixture will not be completely smooth as there is shredded mozzarella in it.
- Both full-sized pepperoni and mini pepperoni work with this recipe.
- Let the dip cool for just a few minutes, so no one burns their mouth.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. If prepped in advance, the refrigerator life would be shorter. Reheat in the microwave at reduced power.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH PIZZA DIP
- Crusty baguette slices
- Garlic knots
- Mini bell peppers
- Garlic bread
- Bagel chips
- Pita chips
- Tortilla chips
RECIPE VARIATIONS FOR PIZZA DIP
- Meat – cooked sausage, ham, chicken, or turkey
- Vegetables – mushrooms (saute first), red onions, spinach, bell pepper
- Fruit – pineapple, black olives, green olives, tomatoes