In the world of comfort food, few dishes can rival the satisfaction of biting into a perfectly baked meatball. These Easy Baked Meatballs are not only delicious but also incredibly simple to make. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe is sure to become a favorite in your household. In this article, we’ll take you through the step-by-step process of creating these mouthwatering meatballs, along with some tips and tricks to make the experience even better.
Let’s start with the key ingredients you’ll need to prepare these delectable Easy Baked Meatballs:
|Lean ground beef
|Eggs (beaten with milk)
|2 eggs + 1/2 cup milk
|Panko or bread crumbs
|Small onion (minced)
|Cloves garlic (minced)
|Freshly ground pepper
|Minced fresh basil
These ingredients come together to create a flavorful and satisfying dish that’s perfect for any occasion.
Now that we have our ingredients ready, let’s dive into the step-by-step directions for making these Easy Baked Meatballs:
- Preparation: To make cleanup easier, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, combine the lean ground beef, beaten eggs with milk, grated Parmesan, panko or bread crumbs, minced onion, minced garlic, oregano, salt, freshly ground pepper, and minced fresh basil. Use your hands to mix everything thoroughly.
- Form Meatballs: Once the ingredients are well combined, form the mixture into golfball-sized meatballs. This recipe typically yields around 12 meatballs.
- Baking: Place the meatballs on the parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake them at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. This ensures they cook evenly and develop a delicious golden brown crust.
- Serve and Enjoy: These Easy Baked Meatballs are incredibly versatile. You can enjoy them as they are or take it to the next level by making meatball subs. Simply add some spaghetti sauce over them on a sub roll, top with shredded mozzarella cheese, and toast them in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly. The result? An absolute culinary delight!
Tips and Tricks
- Fresh Ingredients: Whenever possible, use fresh ingredients. Fresh basil, in particular, adds a burst of flavor to the meatballs.
- Panko for Lightness: Using panko bread crumbs instead of regular bread crumbs adds a light and airy texture to the meatballs.
- Customize Seasoning: Feel free to adjust the seasoning to suit your taste. Add a bit more oregano or pepper for a bolder flavor.
- Make Ahead: You can prepare these meatballs ahead of time and freeze them. They make for a quick and easy meal option when you’re short on time.